Mindy Moe thought this might be a cigarette burn caused by some hot ash or a cigarette itself falling into the book. However it happened, the burn caused a loss of text and image, so we got ahold of another copy of this book via Interlibrary Loan and made a replacement page by scanning the unmarred page in the borrowed book. We then cut out the damaged page in our copy of the book, leaving a stub, and tipped in the replacement page — a lot of work for one moment of carelessness. Please don’t burn books!
%d bloggers like this: