Iowa State University is accepting applications for the 2011 Gladys & Grover Hertzberg Conservation Internship. This consecutive ten (10) week internship is intended to give current graduate students and recent graduates of conservation programs the opportunity to apply their skills and knowledge of care and treatment of library and archives materials in an academic library. Interns will undertake and complete a specific conservation project. This year’s project focuses on historic architectural drawings from the turn of the 20th century including blueprints, sepia prints, and linen drawings.
Eligibility and requirements:
- Applicants must currently be graduate students, in good standing, in a conservation program or a recent graduate of such a program;
- Applicants must have completed at least four preservation or conservation courses before the anticipated start date of this internship;
- Applicants must commit to 10 consecutive weeks;
- Internship must be completed between March 1 and November 15, 2011;
- Applicants must have student or working visas if not U.S. citizens.
The 2011 Gladys & Grover Hertzberg Conservation Internship provides a $3,000 stipend.
To apply for the Gladys & Grover Hertzberg Conservation Internship please submit the following items: cover letter; current resume; contact information for two professional references (include address, phone number and e-mail address); graduate program description including requirements and course descriptions (indicate the classes you have completed).
Deadline for application is February 16th, 2011
Submit these items to:
Hilary T. Seo
Gladys & Grover Hertzberg Conservation Internship
Iowa State University
441 Parks Library
Ames, IA 50011-2140
Send electronic applications to: email@example.com
Iowa State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. veteran. Inquiries can be directed to the Director of Equal Opportunity and Diversity, 3680 Beardshear Hall, 515 294-7612.