How are you celebrating Women’s History Month? Here are some online resources to help you get involved at the national and local level:
- Learn about Women’s History Month 2011 programming on the NWHP blog.
At Iowa State University:
- Check out the Margaret Sloss Women’s Center for special programming, this month and throughout the year.
- Read about the history of Women at ISU: their activism, their athletics, their role in Home Economics, and their participation in LAS and Engineering.
- One of ISU Library Special Collections’ collection priorities is the history of women in science; check out their online portal to the Archives of Women in Science and Engineering.
- Help us preserve one aspect of the social history of Iowa (and one aspect of the history of Iowa women) by learning about the Iowa Cookbook Collection. Check in with Digital Collections throughout the month, as they will soon be posting a collection of Women’s Suffrage Cookbooks.