During a disaster, time is critical but help is a phone call away. IMALERT Hotline 319-384-3673.
Iowa Museums Archives and Libraries Emergency Response Team provides a hotline service to cultural institutions experiencing an emergency or disaster.
The IMALERT Hotline can connect staff with the information and expertise needed to respond to, and recover from any level of incident from a leaking pipe to a major flood.
IMALERT is an initiative of the Iowa Conservation and Preservation Consortium (ICPC) http://www.iowaconserveandpreserve.org/
IMALERT stands for Iowa Museums Archives and Libraries Emergency Response Team. The team’s mission is to respond to the needs of cultural institutions during emergencies and disasters through coordinated efforts with first responders, state and local agencies, vendors, and the public.
IMALERT is here to assess damage to collection materials, make recommendations for collection recovery, assist with decisions on drying out buildings, demonstration of salvage techniques, and/or initial organization of salvage operations.
- Disaster Response and Recovery Guides, AIC (American Institute for Conservation)
- “Keep Calm and Carry On” Disaster preparedness presentation
- ICPC (Iowa Conservation and Preservation Consortium) Flood Recovery Booklet
- MN Historical Society Flood Response
- Primer on Disaster Preparedness, Management & Response
- Association for Recorded Sound Collections, Disaster Assistance
- Wet Recovery, NCPTT (National Center for Preservation Technology and Training)